Purpose and Aims
The aim of the ENNGS network is to bring together professionals involved in microbiological, especially virological diagnostics using next-generation sequencing (NGS). The network focuses on the development, optimization and standardization of microbiological NGS techniques. The network facilitates sharing of NGS data, methodologies and experiences among participants.
The network is established under the auspices of the ESCV.
ENNGS steering group
The network focuses on the following topics, though not exclusively:
- Metagenomics for pathogen detection
- Viral typing and resistance
- Virus discovery
- Comparison of bioinformatic pipelines
- Offering datasets and samples for validation purposes
- Sharing datasets from population controls
- Offering EQA panels (in collaboration with QCMD)
- Recommendations for QC
Participants of the following countries are involved in the network: UK, IR,GE, NO, SW, FI, DK, AU, FR, ES, IT, IS, GR, BE, NL
ENNGS lunch session at the 22nd Annual ESCV Meeting, 11-14 September 2019, Copenhagen, Denmark